Should I Go Over The Muscle Or Under The Muscle?
There are pros and cons for both going over the muscle and under the muscle in breast augmentation. Each patient, being different, has different requirements and different desires. Dr. Jugenburg will sit down with you to examine you, to discuss with you what your goals are.
Going under the muscle
- more natural look
- less visible implant up top
- lower risk of capsular contracture (breast implant hardening)
- lower risk of implant bottoming out
- more painful recovery
- longer time for breasts to settle down to their final position and shape
- implant and breast movement during physical activity (when flexing pectoral chest muscles)
Going over the muscle
- Less painful
- quicker recovery
- Final size and shape seen earlier
- higher risk of capsular contracture
- higher risk of implant bottoming out
- More bubbly rounded look
- Implant more visible
- Implant easier to feel
- Rippling more visible up top.
The above facts are for you to consider, but try to keep an open mind until you meet with Dr. Jugenburg. Dr. Jugenburg will examine you and offer you his recommendation, and explain to you why he thinks one was or another would be beneficial for you. There is never one option that works for all women. Everyone is different and deserves an individual assessment and plan.