You want beautiful sexy breasts, not just a simple breast enlargement. Dr. Jugenburg has studied breast augmentation techniques with some of the world’s most experienced breast surgeons, from whom he has learned the techniques and approaches to perform virtually every type of breast augmentation surgery and to deal with any potential challenge one may encounter during this surgery.
Prepare for Breast Augmentation Surgery
In order to make the most of your breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Jugenburg at the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute, we recommend that you take some time to prepare.
Read about Breast Augmentation
Breast Augmentation surgery, although very common and routine, is still a surgical procedure and the decision to undergo breast augmentation should be made only after you have seriously considered all the pros and cons and then made an informed decision. To be able to make an informed decision, you need to understand what the surgery involves, and what to expect after the surgery. There are many very informative site online that help patients to make an informed decision. Unfortunately there are many sites out there to scare patient and to splash out sensational headlines.
Here are some reliable sources of information about Breast Augmentation Surgery and Outcomes:
- RealSelf.com – a website where real patients ask questions, post their stories, and board certified Plastic Surgeons answer questions
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons – the official site of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – the official site of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Understand your options in Breast Augmentation
There are several choices you will need to make in order to choose the best breast augmentation surgery for you. Dr. Jugenburg will guide you through this process and help you make the decision based on what bests suits your body. Dr. Jugenburg is experienced in all types of breast augmentation and therefore is comfortable performing any technique that he believes will give you the best possible result. The decision on what is best for you has to do with your existing anatomy (existing breast size and shape, and existing chest/ribcage anatomy)
Your options include:
- Silicone (also known as gel, cohesive, gummy bear) implants vs. Saline (salt water) breast implants
- Round breast implants vs Shaped (also known as Anatomic or tear drop) breast implants
- Smooth breast implants vs Textured breast implants
- Going under the muscle vs Going over the muscle (in both cases the implant sits UNDER the breast, not inside of the breast)
- Incision in the Breast fold vs Around areola vs Through the Armpit
Look at Before and After Pictures
Search google for pictures of women with breast implants to get a better understanding what looks you like and what you do not like. There are many bad jobs out there, so do not get scared if you see something you think is hideous! Breast Augmentation is perceived as an easy surgery and many doctors who are not Plastic Surgeons (family doctors, emergency doctors, gynaecologists etc) are performing these procedures. The results are not always ideal. (while no surgeon can ever guarantee you perfect results, a properly trained Plastic Surgeon is more likely to be able to give you great results, and if needed correct any potential problems)
It would be best if you could bring with you to the consultation pictures of both what you like and what you do not. If you would like, you can email these pictures to use at [email protected] prior to your consultation so that you do not need to print them out.
1 week before your Augmentation Surgery
- Pick up your prescription from your pharmacy.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Please let us know if you have a cold or any other infections going on as they need to be treated and resolved before your breast augmentation surgery.
- Get your post-surgical bra (our office will instruct you which bras are the best.)
1 day before your Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Prepare loose clothing to wear to the clinic (easy to open and take off.)
- Prepare a little pack of things to bring with you (ID such as your driver’s licence, credit card, water bottle, dry snacks to have after surgery.) We provide a locker to safely store your belongings.
- Have nothing to eat or drink after midnight before your surgery because you can’t have anything in your stomach for at least 8 hours prior to your surgery (you CAN have sips of water with your nurse administered medication.)
- Continue taking all your prescription medication except for blood thinners (if unsure, please consult with our nurses or Dr. Martin.)
When looking at pictures of other women’s breast, look at these features:
- size – how big (relative to the chest/body) do you like them to be? Should the be proportional to your chest? Should your breast implants be so big that they stick out forward a lot or not?
- shape – Do you like a round bubbly push up bra look or do you prefer a more subtle breast shape?
Look at your own breasts
Look at yourself in the mirror. You need to understand that every woman is different and Dr. Jugenburg will not be able to create just any shape for you. Your existing breast shape, position, and size has a lot to do with how your breast augmentation will turn out. Some women have breasts that sit far apart. In these women, a proper breast augmentation will require that breast implants are placed behind the breast, even if the breasts are notably apart. If Dr. Jugenburg would attempt to place your breast implants close together in an attempt to give you nice cleavage, while your natural breasts sit more off to the side, the result would be a very un-natural look.
When looking at yourself, also note that your right and left breasts are not identical. Nobody is perfectly symmetrical, and you are not an exception to this rule. Typically right and left breasts differ in size, position, orientation, and the size and shape of the nipples. Some women have very faint asymmetry, while in others this asymmetry is more noticeable. During your consultation on Breast Augmentation, Dr. Jugenburg will go over this with you and explain to you what he can do to improve your asymmetry. However you need to understand that despite Dr. Jugenburg’s best efforts, nobody can ever have perfect symmetry (that happens only with Photoshop.)